Gilt Obscured Man-Framed Art
STORYTaking traditional portraiture to a modern interpretation, Gilt Obscured Man shows a well-to-do gent partially concealed behind a block of solid platinum gilt. Part of our Precious Metals collection, he looks out at us benignly, the expanse of opulent platinum leaf masking him. Is he hiding something? Why is he concealed? And next to him, abutting the frame, rests a blue bottle fly.
Portraits tell stories of their sitters and this artwork is a response to our facination of the way in which human beings hide behind facades and guises to conceal or alter elements of their physical appearance.
This artwork is beautifully printed onto highest quality artists canvas, varnished and hand gilded with genuine platinum leaf, making each piece a truly unique work of art.
Gilt Obscured Man is shown together with Gilt Obscured Woman in
Baroque black frames on Fenwick & Tilbrook paint, no. 53
BRANDColliss & Quinton.
- exquisitely framed and finished ready for you to hang
- beautifully printed on high quality artists canvas
- genuine platinum leaf hand-applied onto the canvas
- hand varnished
- frames available in Baroque or modern flat box style
- frames available in black, gold or white
- six size options available
- bespoke sizes are also available on request.
This item is made to order for you and will be delivered within 10 working days.
For urgent orders, please call us or email to check availability.